Spring has finally sprung and the weather is heating up. It’s time to take off all those layers of cloths and let your beauty shine. Are your hair and skin ready for the big reveal? Well, we know you want to look your best for this spring/summer season, so I’ve put together my favorite new beauty finds. Take a look at my favorite Spring’s must-have beauty picks.
By Diane Da Costa
1. Beauty starts from the inside out and The Beauty Detox Solution ($16.95) is a must-read if you want to renew your energy and get the body you’ve always wanted. Clinical Nutritionist, beauty expert and author, Kimberly Snyder has helped A-list celebrities get red-carpet-ready and with her new beauty guide (culled from age-old beauty secrets from around the world), Snyder delivers a powerful program that rids the body of toxins so you can look and feel your best. After all, what you eat is the ultimate beauty product. This book is filled with recipes, detox secrets from within (cleansing and fasting), food pairing and the ultimate beauty foods. She includes real beauty stories, beauty tips and the reason for taking a good probiotic every single day. Read more about Kimberly Snyder at kimberlysnyder.net.
2. L’Occitaine en Provence is one of my favorite beauty companies. They produce all natural beauty products dedicated to ones well being. This April, L’Occitaine introduces Eau de Parfum and other beauty treats to the Pivoine Flora Collection. The new fragrance is enriched with extracts of one of my favorite flowers, the Peony, known as the flower of a thousand petals. The new Eau de Parfum’s head notes are blended with bergamot and a delightful citrus grapefruit aroma. The heart of the fragrance is a wonderful mixture of peony, magnolia and violet and the base notes of this silky scent warm and linger with a vanilla, cedar and musk sensation. L’Occitaine Pivoine Flora Eau de Parfum, (1.7 fl. oz, $60) and Eau de Toilette, (2.5 oz, $40) are available at loccitaine.com and L’Occitaine en Provence stores nationwide.
3. With all the butters and essentials oils on the market, I didn’t think there would be a fresh twist for hair and skin care. So, I was pleasantly surprised to discover these delicious all natural products filled with lavender, rosemary and essential oils that calm the mind and tantalize the senses from Pooka Pure and Simple.
Hair Nectar is a blend of essential oils that nurtures your hair and scalp. The aroma is just heaven and is made with Lavender, peppermint and lemon essential oils. Hair Nectar (4 oz., $14.00) is great for a pre-shampoo scalp treatment to restore dry, brittle and colored-treated hair, or as a moisturizer.
Hair Butter (4 oz., $14.00) is a blend of shea butter and olive oil that moisturizes the hair and scalp. Rosemary essential oil stimulates hair growth and Lavender essentials soothe the scalp. And the scent is simply divine. It’s the new shea butter in town!
4. Mama Mio launched a new line of high protein skin care line this March, called High Protein Face Care. The complete line works from the inside-outside approach at every protein level of your skin– the keratin on the surface, the collagen and elastin protein one layer below and finally on the protein packed muscles immediately underneath the skin. High Protein Face Care was created with high levels of firming proteins, algae extracts, peptides, mega-vitamins and antioxidants, hyaluronic acids, omegas, grape stem cells extracts, pre-probiotics and collagen boosters. High Protein FACE CARE includes Clean Slate, Eye Know, Mighty Moisture, Love Your Life Line (deep line reducer) and Nexercise (neck & jaw line concentrate). Available at mamamio.com ($32 – $48).
5. If you want to to make a difference in the world, join Bare Escentuals on the “Smile Train” by purchasing the new BE Cares Sweet Smile EyeColor ($13). The sliver dusk glimmer is the perfect eye color to spark up the night and make the world a little brighter. Great for sparkling up your eyes and you can also dust a little on your cheeks for a touch of glow. Smile Train is an organization that helps millions of children around the world suffering from cleft lip and palate by providing free surgery. Every purchase of Sweet Smile Eyecolor helps support Bare Escentuals’ donation to Smile Train. Available at bareescentuals.com.
(Diane Da Costa is a NY based celebrity hair stylist and author who writes about beauty and hair at SimpleeBeautiful.com)