Lincoln Motor Company was the presenting sponsor for ESSENCE’s 8th Annual Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon at The Beverly Wilshire on February 19, 2015.
The 2015 ESSENCE Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon honored outstanding women in the television and film industry including Beyond The Lights actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw; actress, Regina King; costume designer, Ruth Carter; and the cast of the Netflix Original Series, Orange is the New Black.
Shawn Thompson, Lincoln’s Multi-cultural Marketing Manager, and “Selma” actor David Oyelowo presented Gugu Mbatha-Raw with the 2015 Black Women in Hollywood Best Breakthrough of the Year Award.
Mariah Howard, the winner of Lincoln’s #shinelikeastar Instagram contest, was able to attend the event as Lincoln’s guest.
Celebrity guests like Ava DuVernay, Bevy Smith, Lorraine Toussaint, Uzo Aduba and others were driven to the event in 2015 Lincoln MKZ’s and Navigators.
(See gallery and names below)
1) Star of “Selma” David Oyelowo
2) Academy Award nominee Common
3) Star of “Orange Is The New Black” Laverne Cox and ESSENCE Magazine Editor In Chief Vanessa De Luca
4) Oscar nominated actress Viola Davis
5) Academy Award nominee Ava DuVernay
6) Star of “Orange Is The New Black” Uzo Aduba
7) Singer Kelly Rowland
8) Academy Award nominee John Legend
9) TV Producer/Writer Mara Brock Akil
10) Star of “Belle” Gugu Mbatha-Raw
11) Producer Robi Reed
12) Jurnee Smollett, Jeanette Jenkins, Tracee Ellis Ross, Tia Mowry, and Holly Robinson-Peete with the Lincoln MKZ
13) Tia Mowry and husband Cory Hardrict with the Lincoln MKZ
14) Lincoln host Bevy Smith chats with Shawn Thompson, Lincoln Multi-cultural Marketing Manager Lincoln
15) Michelle Ebanks (President, ESSENCE Communications), Shawn Thompson (Marketing Manager, Lincoln), Tracee Ellis Ross, Dave Rivers (Lincoln Marketing Communications Manager), Vanessa Bush (Editor in Chief, ESSENCE Magazine)
16) TV Producer/Writer Shonda Rhimes
17) Model Chanel Imam