Ladies, if you ever get the opportunity to drive a Lamborghini, take it. And read this article. Not necessarily in that order.
By Kym Allison Backer
From the attention-grabbing lines of the exterior to its hand-tooled, luxurious leather interior, the Lamborghini Gallardo is a show-stopper. At $198,000, it may be one of the brand’s less expensive models (relatively speaking), but there’s nothing cut-rate about this impressive piece of modern machinery. Here are the top five things you should do to ensure that your Lamborghini drive is a successful one.
1. BE CONFIDENT. Discreetly locate the very discreetly located controls before any movement occurs. Fumbling is not fly.
2. BE SEXY. This is the time to rock your coolest sunglasses. You will not outshine the Gallardo, but no one will see your eyes rolling wildly as you enjoy the superior automotive craftsmanship. Besides, you must look the part.
3. BE RESPONSIBLE. Avoid the temptation to show off by mashing the gas pedal when the traffic light turns green. Whiplash may be attention-grabbing, but it’s never sexy.
4. BE DISCREET. Keep the windows rolled up so that any spontaneous Italian arias inspired by the bespoke leather interior will remain private between you and the Gallardo.
5. BE SMART. You can outrun just about every vehicle on the road. Don’t. The 5-0 will spot you immediately in this flamboyant ride and they’ll be waiting for you to act up. Trust us.
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Starts at $198,000
MPG: 13 city, 20 hwy
Whip Appeal: 10+ (i.e. you will turn every head in the city)